windows 10 x64 driver for device (SX2) cy7c68001.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
visualfor
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

We have been successfully using CY7C68001 for a decade over Win XP and Win 7.  But when our software team tried to port it into windows 10, then ran into difficulty with the original USB driver.. (CyUSB).  It seems that CyUSB does not work with Win10.

We tried CyUSB3 by changing PID/VID but that gave us " incorrect descriptor " issues.

Has anyone ported either CyUSB to windows 10? 

Has any one changed CyUSB3 to make it work with SX2 chips

Does any one have Windows 10 driver that can work with SX2 chips? 

Real desperate here, as we have hundred of devices in the field that will all be changed to Windows 10 soon.

NS

n@incal.com

408-561-3348

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The cyusb3 driver present in the FX3 SDK can be used with SX2. 

Could you please let me know if you want to add custom VID/PID in the inf file. If yes, please refer to Chapter III in the CyUSB.pdf at the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The cyusb3 driver present in the FX3 SDK can be used with SX2. 

Could you please let me know if you want to add custom VID/PID in the inf file. If yes, please refer to Chapter III in the CyUSB.pdf at the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
visualfor
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I think we got it resolved using the original CyUSB driver in Windows 10.  So, yes CY68001 (SX2) does work with CyUSB driver in Win 10.  This is teh response I got from software why it wasn't working in the first place.

I was using the wrong DRV_GUID and hence couldn’t get the valid handle for the CCyUSBDevice object. The CyApi.h module hard-coded the expected DRV_GUID value in it, so it must match what you have the .inf file for this to work.

Previously, we used Cypress generated DRV_GUID as it, so the GUID defined in the CyApi.h matches, and thus worked.  But since they recommend in more recent CyUSB development document to generate our own DRV_GUID, I did that, but I didn’t know to change it in the CyApi.h, that’s why it didn’t work.

It’s now confirmed that the CyUsb.sys device driver for Windows 7 for CY7C68001 works in Windows 10 64-bit environment.  

0 Likes