want to add UAC for the HDMI to USB3 solution.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
selac_2609551
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have made UVC FPGA solution using slave FIFO interface, it works fine.

But,there is a request for audio function because input source is HDMI.

Until today, I thought SPI is the one for the audio input, but I've finally heard that when GPIF II uses 32 bits, SPI is not working.

So, I think the possible solution is something like audio stream going into GPIF input along with video stream.

In that case, GPIF state machine (sync slave FIFO) and some socket configurations should be changed, but I don't know where to start right now.

Somebody please give me some advice for this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Since you have mentioned that the 32-bit GPIF interface is being used for the UVC data, there will be no separate data lines for the audio (UAC) data. The same 32-bit GPIF bus needs to be used for sending the video and audio data in an interleaved fashion. The data that is received on the host needs to be separated as video/audio and this might decrease the streaming rate of UVC.

Alternate solution would be to use the I2S bus of FX3 to stream the audio data. Please let us know if this is a suitable option in your application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Since you have mentioned that the 32-bit GPIF interface is being used for the UVC data, there will be no separate data lines for the audio (UAC) data. The same 32-bit GPIF bus needs to be used for sending the video and audio data in an interleaved fashion. The data that is received on the host needs to be separated as video/audio and this might decrease the streaming rate of UVC.

Alternate solution would be to use the I2S bus of FX3 to stream the audio data. Please let us know if this is a suitable option in your application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes