vendor class and mass storage class

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hi,

what is the difference between in implementing mass storage and vendor class?

any documents related to it?please provide me.

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

As Srinath already mentioned, mass storage devices makes use of MS Windows Drivers so it will take less time to implement. You can also make use of default mass storage Windows applications to read. If you go with vendor device class it would be time taking. So my suggestion is to go with Mass storage Class.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

Mass storage implementation will associate the device with a Microsoft defined class of USB devices (Mass storage class). This would help reduce the complexity as the Microsoft drivers and the default mass storage Windows applications can be used to communicate with the device.

Vendor implementation needs the use of custom drivers and host applications. This is suitable in situations where the implementation does not pertain to a Microsoft standard class of USB devices.

Best regards,

Srinath S

thank you,

i am reading sdcard data(by creating dmachannel and endpont associated with uib socket) through usb in the pc.which class i need to implement?

let me know.

0 Likes

Hi,

As Srinath already mentioned, mass storage devices makes use of MS Windows Drivers so it will take less time to implement. You can also make use of default mass storage Windows applications to read. If you go with vendor device class it would be time taking. So my suggestion is to go with Mass storage Class.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav