using usbbulksourcesink and bootledblink examples together

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnNa_4422346
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to work around and get to know the two programs usbbulksourcesink and bootledblink. So I what I wanted was to send hex codes like 0x74,0x75,etc and control GPIO pins that toggle LEDs.

So I have simply added my block of bootledblink to usbbulksourcesink without much changes to usbbulksourcesink program. All the initialization statements for gpio that were in bootledblink I have added to main() function of usbbulksourcesink . I only added a few more cases to bRequest and by using the cyfx3gpio.h set the state of GPIO by CyFx3BootGpioSetValue. But it does not seem to work.

First of all the program shows error even when I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\boot_lib\1_3_4\include" to "Path and Symbols". Commands like "CyFx3BootGpioSetValue", "CyFx3BootDeviceInit" that were in bootledblink show error.

And after Building the Project an image file was created. On programming the image file into EEPROM, the DataTransfers for "Bulk-In Endpoint" throws error "BULK IN transfer failed with Error Code:997".

I have attached the project file with the discussion.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

The library that is normally used in all the firmwares can be found in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\1_3_4

I would advice you to go through the GpioApp example firmware instead of bootledblink frimware which comes with the FX3 SDK and can be found at the path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp

The reason for this is that, bootledblink makes use of the library that can is used by the second stage bootloader.

So, in the firmware that you have attached has to use one library from the boot_lib and fw_lib and only one can be run.

Please refer to the example above and modify the firmware according to your requirement.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply