need help on fx3 firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
infofpgatechso
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

infofpgatechso_2-1673100128959.png

need help on FX3 firmware side & computer sw example 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the block diagram, it looks like you want to use the SlaveFIFO interface of FX3S (CYUSB3035) GPIF block for data transfer to/from FPGA. Please refer AN65974 application note which explains similar application in detail.

Regarding the computer software, the host application needs to be designed based on the USB device class. If you want FX3S to enumerate as a vendor device, then Cypress Control Center or Cypress Streamer application can be used for data transfer.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the block diagram, it looks like you want to use the SlaveFIFO interface of FX3S (CYUSB3035) GPIF block for data transfer to/from FPGA. Please refer AN65974 application note which explains similar application in detail.

Regarding the computer software, the host application needs to be designed based on the USB device class. If you want FX3S to enumerate as a vendor device, then Cypress Control Center or Cypress Streamer application can be used for data transfer.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
infofpgatechso
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Thanks Rashi 

i have build Fx3 firmware example from AN84868, build is done
but after putting .img file in FX3(sram), FX3 does not enumerate/ detect
however if we use .img file available in folder its works fine.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN84868_Configuring_an_FPGA_over_USB_Using_Infineon_EZ-USB_FX...

same for this
i have build Fx3 firmware example from AN65974, build is done
but after putting .img file in FX3(sram), FX3 does not enumerate/ detect
however if we use .img file available in folder its works fine.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN65974_Designing_with_the_EZ-USB_FX3_Slave_FIFO_Interface-Ap...

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know the PMODE pin settings for the evaluation board. Kindly, let me know which evaluation kit is being used for the testing.

Please let me know:
- Is the programming done using USB Control Center? Are the following steps followed?
Select the device (Cypress FX3 Bootloader Device) > Program > RAM
- Is the device enumerating with default .img shared with the app note?

Please try using AN65974 default .img to program the FX3S. 

If the enumeration is failing, please check the UART debug prints to understand if there are any API failures in the firmware.

Regards,
Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes