modifiying cyUSB3.ini file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HossamAlzomor
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I am trying to modify the cyUSB3,ini file inrder to use our own VID & PID values,
I followed the steps in "Cypress CyUsb3.sys Programmer's Reference" section "Modifying CyUSB3.INI"
but the device is not recognized and I get the following message

"the hash value for the file dose not exist in the specified catalog file.  The file is probably damaged or has been tampered without permission"

How could I overcome this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Only Microsoft certified drivers are allowed to be installed installed to the Windows PC. Once you modify the INF, the digital signature of the driver is invalidated, thereby not allowing you to install the same.

Please refer to Driver Resell section present in the same document on how to get the Microsoft certification to the modified driver package.

In order to test your driver package, please follow the steps mentioned in the following thread - https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Hosts-Hubs-Transceivers/custom-fx3-driver-signing/m-p/100870

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Only Microsoft certified drivers are allowed to be installed installed to the Windows PC. Once you modify the INF, the digital signature of the driver is invalidated, thereby not allowing you to install the same.

Please refer to Driver Resell section present in the same document on how to get the Microsoft certification to the modified driver package.

In order to test your driver package, please follow the steps mentioned in the following thread - https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Hosts-Hubs-Transceivers/custom-fx3-driver-signing/m-p/100870

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes