libcypress Linux library for Silabs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JeQu_4391001
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

We are currently developing a DTV receiver that will run on Linux based on the Silabs chip and Cypress fx2lp USB chip. However, we are facing a problem with the shared library "libCypress.so".  The problem is whenever we try to turn on the GPIF to stream TS packets to UDP via USB the library is causing a segfault error every time.

OUR SETUP:

Ubuntu 18.04 kernel 5.4.0-48-generic

Below is the gdb result when running under it. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Can you please contact the library provider? We need to know how the Cypress APIs are being implemented in the library you are using and which API is actually the cause for error to debug the issue.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know which API from the Cypress linux Library, libcyusb was used?

Also can you please attach a snippet from the linux host application where the API was called?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

We are using the CyAPIUser.h provided by Silabs with a shared library called "libCypressUSB.so". To my knowledge, there is also an equivalent library for windows (CypressUSB.dll and CypressUSB.lib), and the windows version works fine, but the linux equivalent doesn't.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please contact the library provider? We need to know how the Cypress APIs are being implemented in the library you are using and which API is actually the cause for error to debug the issue.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

We already have communicated with the provider, however, they can't say much about the shared library. They advised us to directly contact the cypress team. Would it be possible for me to send an email directly to you so that I could give you the CypressAPI.h and the libCypressUSB.so provided by the DVB chip manufacturer?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please mail it to ykum@cypress.com

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes