led blinking problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnNa_4422346
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the EZ USB Suite and USB in general. I was running a few example codes with certain modifications to understand the functioning better.

I have Cypress FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit. I have attached the code below. I used this code with the BookLedBlink example in EZ USB Suite.

I am blinking 2 LEDs alternatively and I have set the delay to 1 second.

The moment I program my FX3 Superspeed, the time period is working correctly. As soon I reset the device, the frequency increases instantly and the desired time period is not achieved. What needs to be done? Can someone give me a working block of code for this and explain what extra things I need to set?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

USB Boot mode is a boot option in which the FX3 firmware image is downloaded into the FX3 system RAM from the USB Host. So you have used USB Boot mode. In this mode if you press the RESET button, the Firmware image will be erased from the RAM. That is the reason why you get undesired frequencies.

If you would still like to run the same code after pressing RESET, then please use the I2C EEPROM boot. For this, follow the steps listed below:

1. In the Control Center, Select the Boot option as I2C EEPROM. This is shown in the following fig.

pastedImage_1.png

2. After programming succeeded is shown, the device will re-enumerate as  USB BootProgrammer Device as shown below.

pastedImage_2.png

3. Now remove the jumper in J4 of the superspeed explorer kit. Then press the reset button to run the code.

To see the traces, you can make use of an oscilloscope or logic analyzer like salae. If you are using salae logic analyzer, then the software can be downloaded from the following website:

Logic analyzer software from Saleae

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies