how to get unpredictable data by FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeLe_4638221
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am using FX3 to get the image data  but had some problem about FX3.

I could display Image Data on PC Host application continuously

but I didn't know how to modify source to get unpredictable data from Image sensor.

(the image sensor send data to fpga unpredictably according to Light Source.)

please let me know how to solve this problem.

the project description is like below.

* Structure description

###########################################################

Customized Image Sensor   <->    FPGA   <->    FX3     <->    PC Host Application

###########################################################

- Image sensor resolution : 3264 x 2448

- 16bit per a pixel

- PCLK : 81Mhz

- parallel 32bit data from FPGA  to FX3

- refered to AN75779 because of using UVC framework

Best regards,

Ted Lee.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ted Lee,

Thanks for sharing the firmware.

After going through the firmware, I understand that you added a vendor interface as a means to have the still capture trigger (0x88) in firmware.

Please undo the change i mentioned in my response 11 and keep the interface number = 0x03.

Now, the image shared in response 8 makes sense and the other interface is a vendor interface that needs to be binded to any vendor specific driver manually.
You can also bind the interface to CyUSB driver and use it as a vendor interface by binding it to the driver located in the location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin

You can select a driver according to your OS and OS architecture (32 or 64-bit) from the above folder.

The process of manually binding the cyusb3.sys driver to the interface is as follows:

1.) Right click on FX3 under 'Other devices' section of Device Manager and choose 'Update Driver Software'.

2.) In the pop-up window, choose 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

3.) Choose 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

4.) Choose 'Show All Devices' and click Next.

5.) Click on 'Have Disk...'

6.) In the pop-up window, choose 'Browse...' and go to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin ( select the OS and whether x64 or x86)

7.) Choose "cyusb3.inf" and click Okay.

This will make the device enumerate again with a vendor interface and you can use control center to send the vendor command you want.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies