how to download firmware everytime my application runs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jahsc_972471
Level 1
Level 1

My requirement is to download firmware to RAM every time my application starts up. I'm using CYUSB3KIT-003 and have my J4 always closed so that I can always get the boot loader running when restart my computer or re-plug-in USB cable. Then my application find the status of the board is programmable then download firmware to RAM and it becomes 'streamerexample' in control center and my application can talks to it successfully.   It works fine in this use case.

The issue is after I close my application, restart it again but now the boot loader is not running.  I can't download the firmware again.  I tried either CCyUSBDevice::Reset() or CCyUSBDevice::ReConnect() works. Please advice !  Very Appreciated !

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- The device falls back to boot-loader mode when there is a reset event happening. This can be invoked in the firmware using the CyU3PDeviceReset() API with the isWarmReset parameter as CyFalse. This API will cause the device to be reset and fall back to boot-loader and can be implemented as a vendor command in the firmware.

- The host application should issue the vendor command request upon start-up to invoke the vendor command handler present as part of the firmware.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- The device falls back to boot-loader mode when there is a reset event happening. This can be invoked in the firmware using the CyU3PDeviceReset() API with the isWarmReset parameter as CyFalse. This API will cause the device to be reset and fall back to boot-loader and can be implemented as a vendor command in the firmware.

- The host application should issue the vendor command request upon start-up to invoke the vendor command handler present as part of the firmware.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes