fx3 video - vlc video decode vs image decode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
newton_inc
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi team, 

I'm using cypress fx3 to stream a static test pattern as video to vlc, to check for sharpness and greyscales.  The format is         yuv 422, y:u:y:v (yuy2) as detected by vlc codec information tab,  and res is  640x480 at 60fps.

The problem i face is as follows, the video displayed by the vlc is stable(not losing sync) but it is not sharp at the edges(ie. it lacks sharpness), but when i do a video->take snapshot in vlc, the image saved by vlc is same as the  original test pattern sent.

Can any one please tell me what settings should i do in vlc to get video decoded properly. I have attached 3 images for ref, test_pattern_640 is the original image sent as video, snapshot the imgae obtained from vlc using vlc->take snapshot, snippet is the  video screen captured using  the snippet tool while video is playing on vlc.

-Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi, i got this issue solved, by changing the uvc player. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

Could you confirm if the video is being displayed properly on other host application like AmCap?

What changes were made to the default AN75779 firmware with regards to the UVC protocol and video attributes?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

Hi, i got this issue solved, by changing the uvc player. 

0 Likes