enum as cdrom device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chsh_1759911
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

hi

my application need to add new feature that device should enumerate as CDROM device that can autorun our software when device plug in.

Is there any example of cdrom device that i can reference?

and due my application already used i2c/gpif/uart peripheral. can i put our software(few kb) in ram that fx3 will load the software when start up without communication peripheral 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

I'm sorry to say that currently we do not have any reference projects to share for this requirement. We do have few MSC examples in the following location of FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\msc_examples

You can use them as references for building a project of your requirement

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please elaborate your requirement so that we can understand it better?

When you say that you want to enumerate the device as usbcdrom, do you mean to say that you want it to be enumerated as a Mass Storage Device? Also, what is the software that you want to autorun and who should run the software? Are you referring to an application like Raid?

Also, please elaborate the following statement too:

"and due my application already used i2c/gpif/uart peripheral. can i put our software(few kb) in ram that fx3 will load the software when start up without communication peripheral "

Do you mean to ask if you can use USB boot (i.e programming directly to RAM instead of using I2C EEPROM or SPI Flash)?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

sorry for my english

" do you mean to say that you want it to be enumerated as a Mass Storage Device?"

I want it to be enumerated as a CD-ROM device not MSD because i want my software is read only

"Do you mean to ask if you can use USB boot (i.e programming directly to RAM instead of using I2C EEPROM or SPI Flash)?"

No. As i know MSC device example need to communication with SD/MMC/FLASH as "DATA Base" for storage and source of data. I want to hard code the file which shows in CDROM device, the file size about 2-4kb 

0 Likes

Hello,

I'm sorry to say that currently we do not have any reference projects to share for this requirement. We do have few MSC examples in the following location of FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\msc_examples

You can use them as references for building a project of your requirement

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes