cyfwprog.exe

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EliW
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

Regarding the cyfwprog.exe,

If I have 4 FX3 device connected to the PC, all of them in BootLoader Mode, each one of them connected in different Way (one thro HUB, another one with other Hub and so on…All of them to the same PC ovcourse.)

I want to choose which one of them to Burn,

How can I do it with cyfwprog.exe?

Thanks,

EliW

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi EliW,

"cyfwprog.exe" supports only the first(obtained from number of USB devices connected to the PC) FX3 device connected to the PC for Firmware download at a given time.

Alternatively, you can use Control center software for your need i.e., multiple boot devices can be connected at a given time). With Control Center you have the flexibility to choose the FX device to download the firmware.
Control center software, installed as a subset of EZ-USB FX3 SDK, can be found here(Start- >Programs->Cypress->EZ-USB FX3 SDK->Cypress USBSuite->Control Center)

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi EliW,

"cyfwprog.exe" supports only the first(obtained from number of USB devices connected to the PC) FX3 device connected to the PC for Firmware download at a given time.

Alternatively, you can use Control center software for your need i.e., multiple boot devices can be connected at a given time). With Control Center you have the flexibility to choose the FX device to download the firmware.
Control center software, installed as a subset of EZ-USB FX3 SDK, can be found here(Start- >Programs->Cypress->EZ-USB FX3 SDK->Cypress USBSuite->Control Center)

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes