cy7c1062dv33 replacement

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vnevare
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

The cy7c1062dv33 was used on the CYUSB3KIT-003 board that I have used and tested with. Now I am trying to develop my own board and the SRAM IC is obsolete. What would be the recommended SRAM IC to use? For context I am mostly using the synchronous 32 bit FIFO where the FPGA is only writing data to the CYUSB3014. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

For context I am mostly using the synchronous 32 bit FIFO where the FPGA is only writing data to the CYUSB3014. 

>> From this do you mean that external SRAM is not being used in your application? Please let me know if external SRAM (like cy7c1062dv33) is being used in your application. 

FX3 (CYUSB3014)contains 512 KB of on-chip SRAM for code and data. FX3 explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) comes with external SRAM for the applications which need to read/write from/to external SRAM.  If your application requirement is only to write to FX3 from FPGA through FIFO interface and external SRAM is not used, then external SRAM is not needed in the custom design

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

For context I am mostly using the synchronous 32 bit FIFO where the FPGA is only writing data to the CYUSB3014. 

>> From this do you mean that external SRAM is not being used in your application? Please let me know if external SRAM (like cy7c1062dv33) is being used in your application. 

FX3 (CYUSB3014)contains 512 KB of on-chip SRAM for code and data. FX3 explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) comes with external SRAM for the applications which need to read/write from/to external SRAM.  If your application requirement is only to write to FX3 from FPGA through FIFO interface and external SRAM is not used, then external SRAM is not needed in the custom design

Regards,
Rashi

Reviewing my code I dont actually see the SRAM being called at all. I guess I was just assuming since the development board was using SRAM that this is where the buffers were being stored for this application. Since the FX3 (CYUSB3014) has the built in SRAM then for my application I do not think I will need the external SRAM.

Now just out of curiosity and in case someone else runs into this issue where they do need to find a replacement what would be the recommended SRAM to use?

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

As Fx3 explorer kit uses CY7C1062DV33 SRAM part which is Obsolete

After going through the spec of CY7C1062DV33 and with the help product selector I could get 2 part numbers :  CY7C1062GN30-10BGXI ,  CY7C1062GN30-10BGXI which will be compatible with FX3.

Regards,
Rashi

Thanks was not aware of the product selector so thanks for pointing that to me. Thanks you very much for your help and time!

0 Likes