cy3014 usb both spi and gpif-32 interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chsh_1759911
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

my product need to load spi flash data sometimes and receive over 2gbps data from gpif interface 

cy3014 can not configure spi and gpif-32 bit at sametime how can i solve it?

i try to use gpio simulate spi  but its lower than 1mhz cant fit my require

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

During program running,  if loading of data from SPI flash is needed, and if GPIF is not used at that time, IO Matrix can be reconfigured for SPI operation and then reconfigured back to be used as 32 bit GPIF. 
Make note that during reconfiguration of IO Matrix to be used as SPI, all the peripheral blocks must be de initialized. Kindly look into this thread for your reference. https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/Any-dependencies-by-switching-reloading-... 

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hello,

When is the SPI flash data needed to be loaded?

Is it only for booting?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
chsh_1759911
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

not only in booting

0 Likes

Hello,

SPI and GPIF-32 bit can not be used simultaneously.
Could you let us know the frequency of loading of SPI flash data?
Does the sampling of GPIF-32 bit data and SPI data transfers happen simultaneously(at the same time)?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

they are not work at same time (when the SPI work GPIF should not transfer any data)

and SPI works very few times during device work

i used 2nd level bootloader to load the flash data when startup

but dont know how to control flash during program work

0 Likes

Hello,

During program running,  if loading of data from SPI flash is needed, and if GPIF is not used at that time, IO Matrix can be reconfigured for SPI operation and then reconfigured back to be used as 32 bit GPIF. 
Make note that during reconfiguration of IO Matrix to be used as SPI, all the peripheral blocks must be de initialized. Kindly look into this thread for your reference. https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/Any-dependencies-by-switching-reloading-... 

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

thx! i will try this

0 Likes