cx3 tof issure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
XuWa_4652391
Level 2
Level 2
First like given Welcome!

Hi guys,

I am woring on PMD IRS2381 tof sensor whitch is 224*1557resolution raw12 frame type. I can get the frame data use v4l-ctl command. But the frame size which i got is 224*691, not match the 224*1557. here is my config. Someone can help me ?pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please confirm that you are using default firmware generated by the CX3 configuration utility as mentioned in the KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX3 – KBA225748

Also, confirm that the CX3 configuration settings are as  follows

config_cx3.PNG

Please probe the PCLK, HSYNC, VSYNC test pins and share the results

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

In the CX3 configuration tool snippet that you have shared, I observed that V active is 172 and not 1557.

As per the resolution that you are getting from the sensor the fields like H active, h Blanking, V Active, V blanking need to be populated.

As the resolution from the sensor is 224*1557 I understand that 224 is h active and 1557 is v active is that right?

Also, the input format is RAW 12 (12 bits/pixel)  and the output to GPIF is set to 16 bits,  4 bits (non-image) data will be padded to each pixel.

I can get the frame data use  v4l-ctl command.

>> Please let me know how this works

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi, Rashi

Sorry , i pasted wrong picture. h active should be 1557,

i use this command in ubuntu

v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=224,height=1557,pixelformat=UYVY --stream-mmap -d /dev/video1

0 Likes

Hi,

Please confirm that you are using default firmware generated by the CX3 configuration utility as mentioned in the KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX3 – KBA225748

Also, confirm that the CX3 configuration settings are as  follows

config_cx3.PNG

Please probe the PCLK, HSYNC, VSYNC test pins and share the results

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I just modified Output Pixel  Clock[MHz] to 96 MHz ,then the frame size change to right size 224*1557. But i still can not understand why i change pclk make it worked?

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you share the snippet of the working CX3 configuration tool settings and the non-working CX3 configuration tool settings?

What was the error seen in the non-working CX3 configuration tool settings? Was it just the frame size that you checked with the command? Can you share the debug prints of the nonworking  firmware to debug the problem

- Please let me know if you were using the firmware generated by the tool in both cases?

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

hi, Rashi,

I just check the frame size to verification it. Everything is same except the pclk about nonworking and nonworking settings,

The noworing setting about pclk is 72Mhz ,working one is 96Mhz. I an using he generated code by EZ-USB IDE.

0 Likes

Hi,

Please share the debug prints when the streaming starts for the working as well as non-working firmware. This will help to understand the problem.

Also,share the CX3 configuration tool snippets for working and nonworking settings so that we can try to reproduce at our end.

I  am using he generated code by EZ-USB IDE.

>> Was it generated as per this KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX3 – KBA225748

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes