can't program I2C memory with cypress control center

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nijac_1338101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have trouble in programming I2C memory via cypress control center on some computers.

We use a custom board but it is the same with the CYUSB3KIT-003 board.

The board is correctly detected by the Cypress control center software as a "Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader Device".

When we choose Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM the software indicate:

enumerate.png

But the open dialog window doesn't open so we can't choose the .img file to download.

After few seconds this message appear:

notf.png

and the device disappear from the treeview.

to be complete here is some additional information:

- The device is connected on a USB3 port.

- If we connect the device on a USB2 port it works!

- The computer is a DELL precision T1700 (core I7-4770 64bits with Windows 7), it doesn't work on some laptop too.

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Nicolas,

- Which version of Control Center and CYUSB3.SYS driver are you using?

- Please try using the C++ based application (fwdownload_fx3) that comes with the FX3 SDK and let me know if the error still exists.

EDIT: Please use the latest version of the CYUSB3 driver (version 1.2.3.20) from the FX3 SDK

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Nicolas,

- After choosing "Program -> FX3 -> I2C EEPROM", do you see the device re-enumerating in the device manager?

- Does this issue occur in all PCs and on every attempt or is it random?

- Does RAM load of any application firmware work fine on the PC that shows the issue?

- Please capture the USB traces during failure and share the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Srinath,

- After choosing "Program -> FX3 -> I2C EEPROM", do you see the device re-enumerating in the device manager?

No

- Does this issue occur in all PCs and on every attempt or is it random?

It occur not on all PC. It work on most of them but on some PC It doesn't work. On computer where it fail, the issue is present on every attempt. To solve the problem on      desktop we add a PCIe to USB3 board but on Laptops we can't do that.

- Does RAM load of any application firmware work fine on the PC that shows the issue?

No, the control center say "Programming succeded" but it doesn't work.

I feel that it not really start the programming because the download time is almost instantaneous compare to a working computer where the download time take      about 4sec.

- Please capture the USB traces during failure and share the same.

I join a capture file done with USBPcap. You can read it with wireshark. I don't know if it is what you expect.

Best regards

Nicolas

0 Likes

Hello Nicolas,

- Which version of Control Center and CYUSB3.SYS driver are you using?

- Please try using the C++ based application (fwdownload_fx3) that comes with the FX3 SDK and let me know if the error still exists.

EDIT: Please use the latest version of the CYUSB3 driver (version 1.2.3.20) from the FX3 SDK

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes