YUV444 data format output AN75779

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AKS
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 50 replies posted

Hello. as per the documentation, I found that FX3 only support YUY2 output format to display the image data.
Is it possible to get the out put data in format YUV444 or HSV for 16bit parallel interface?
Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

YUV444 or HSV can be sent through FX3 to the USB host provided that the UVC driver and UVC host application supports these video formats.  YUV422 video format is supported by the UVC driver and host applications like MPC-Hc, VLC Media player or AmCap, etc

You can use the UVC players mentioned above to display the YUV444 data in YUV422 format. However, the image will not be proper (due to video format differences). This can be used for firmware development and testing purpose.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

YUV444 or HSV can be sent through FX3 to the USB host provided that the UVC driver and UVC host application supports these video formats.  YUV422 video format is supported by the UVC driver and host applications like MPC-Hc, VLC Media player or AmCap, etc

You can use the UVC players mentioned above to display the YUV444 data in YUV422 format. However, the image will not be proper (due to video format differences). This can be used for firmware development and testing purpose.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

@Rashi_Vatsa Thanks.
To get the output format as in YUV444, I need to configure the format descriptor (using GUID). Could you please share the YUV444 or HSV GUID, so that I can give it a try to check.
Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please refer to this link for GUID of YUV 4:4:4

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

@Rashi_Vatsa Hello. Thanks.
I tried this while modify format descriptor and kept number of bits/pixel field same (0x10) as:
0x59,0x34,0x31,0x36,
0x00,0x00,0x10,0x00,
0x80,0x00,0x00,0xAA,
0x00,0x38,0x9B,0x71,

but nothing I can see through uvc player except the error:

AKS_0-1649141735078.png

Any suggestions, or something where I can convert (up-sampling) yuv422 to yuv444?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please confirm if the host application supports the YUV444.

Any suggestions, or something where I can convert (up-sampling) yuv422 to yuv444?

>> Video format conversion will not be done by FX3. Fx3 will send the data received from the sensor. Is it okay for you to stream YUV444 as YUV 422? If yes, you can use the GUID of YUV422 in descriptors and stream video using  Host application supporting YUV422 (for example AmCap, VLC, MPC-HC)

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

@Rashi_Vatsa Thanks.
I can receive well the YUV422 format (default) from FX3 through AmCap but since its raw data I developed a host application which stream this data to get the raw data. my point here is 'Can I get the data in YUV444 from fx3, only if I configure the corresponding GUID?' This is what tried and I see the 'error' while running it using Amcap/vlc as defined in previous reply.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Changing the GUID and bits per pixel should help to stream the YUV444 data provided that the host application (like Amcap) supports YUV444. If the host application doesn't support YUV444 then the video will not be seen

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes