Write into SPI Flash S25FL127SABMFI101

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ankitvats846
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, I am try to Write  Firmware into the SPI Flash "S25FL127SABMFI101". Write is Successful but unable to boot the Firmware .

I able to erase and read  SPI flash.

So, Guide me what is the issue??

Flashing from Control center is successfully boot the Firmware.

I am using the "USBspiDMA " example code.

And attach me Application Code.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Based on my understanding, you are able to download the firmware into SPI flash and boot properly when control center application is used. But, when you use your own application, you are able to write the firmware to the flash but not able to boot it properly. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

If my understanding is correct, then please try the following:

1. Write the firmware using the application into the flash

2. Read back the complete firmware from the flash by adding required code in the application

3. Compare the image file with the data received from the flash

Please check if the data in the image file and the data read from the flash are same or not. If not, then please check where the mismatch occurs. This can be used to debug the problem.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Based on my understanding, you are able to download the firmware into SPI flash and boot properly when control center application is used. But, when you use your own application, you are able to write the firmware to the flash but not able to boot it properly. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

If my understanding is correct, then please try the following:

1. Write the firmware using the application into the flash

2. Read back the complete firmware from the flash by adding required code in the application

3. Compare the image file with the data received from the flash

Please check if the data in the image file and the data read from the flash are same or not. If not, then please check where the mismatch occurs. This can be used to debug the problem.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes