Will the FX3S support UVC video as well as USD eMMC Storage application at the same time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wdshep
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

1.  I would like to use the FX3S device to  support both reading and writing from/to a eMMC memory card and for video transfer from the GPIF II (FPGA) to the USB3 (UVC).  Will the FX3S support both functions in the same design?  The transfers that I would like to support are:

GPIF II to USB3  (UVC)

GPIF II to eMMC Memory Card

eMMC Memory Card to/from USB3

2.  Will the video files written on the eMMC Memory Card from the GPIF II be written in a File System Format that will allow the memory card to be read by a MAC or Windows computer?  If so what File System will they use?

Thanks for any answers,

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

For this, your device should have both MSC and UVC interface. Also, you need to handle the requests from the host to stream the video and store/retrieve the data to/from SDK card. Unfortunately, we do not have a complete example project to share for your requirement.

You can refer to AN75779 for implementing the UVC interface:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN75779_How_to_Implement_an_Image_Sensor_Interface_with_EZ-US...

For the MSC part, we do not have a direct example project for implementing your requirement. But you can use the following example project in FX3 SDK to understand how to implement an MSC device:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\msc_examples

For integrating the file system, you can refer to the following example project:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs

The above example project is for FATFS file system.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Bill,

Do you want to implement both the use cases in a single product?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
wdshep
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I do want to use one product to implement both video and mass storage applications.  Is this possible????

0 Likes

Hello,

For this, your device should have both MSC and UVC interface. Also, you need to handle the requests from the host to stream the video and store/retrieve the data to/from SDK card. Unfortunately, we do not have a complete example project to share for your requirement.

You can refer to AN75779 for implementing the UVC interface:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN75779_How_to_Implement_an_Image_Sensor_Interface_with_EZ-US...

For the MSC part, we do not have a direct example project for implementing your requirement. But you can use the following example project in FX3 SDK to understand how to implement an MSC device:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\msc_examples

For integrating the file system, you can refer to the following example project:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs

The above example project is for FATFS file system.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
wdshep
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your response.  What I understand from your response is "Yes it is possible to support both a MSC interface and a UVC interface in the same device at the same time".  Is this what you meant to say????

What FX3 device should I use to implement both interfaces in a single device at the same time?  - FX3S??

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, your understanding is correct. And you should use FX3S as it is the controller that supports storage ports.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes