Why doesn't my CX3 code work with a USB 3.2 socket ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5
First like given 25 sign-ins First solution authored

On my CX3 board, the USBBulkSourceSink firmware example enumerates correctly, whether my board is is connected to a USB 3.0 or 3.2 socket.

However, when I download my own firmware onto the board, then it enumerates correctly when connected to the 30 socket, but not the 3.2 socket.

Is there something specific the firmware needs to do to allow it to enumerate correctly when connected to a USB 3.2 socket?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please let us know the changes the between the default UsbBulkSrcSink firmware example and the custom UsbBulkSrcSink firmware

With the default firmware and USB 3.2 socket, does the device come up in device manager with yellow mark or does it not enumerate at all? If it doesn't enumerate at all, please check if none of APIs in the firmware are failing before CyU3PConnectState is called.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please let us know the changes the between the default UsbBulkSrcSink firmware example and the custom UsbBulkSrcSink firmware

With the default firmware and USB 3.2 socket, does the device come up in device manager with yellow mark or does it not enumerate at all? If it doesn't enumerate at all, please check if none of APIs in the firmware are failing before CyU3PConnectState is called.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes