Where is the GPIF II Designer download link? Only GPIF (1) Designer is available.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
info
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like given

The only download I can find for the GPIF Designer is the GPIF Designer (1) which clearly is not the GPIF II Designer.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/configuration/usb-gpif-designer/

The screenshots in the GPIF II Designer do not match the appearance of the program I can download currently via the above link (Infineon-gpif_designer_13-Software-v01_00-EN.zip).

I am not able to modify my device's GPIF II configuration at the present.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

GPIF II Designer application is included in the FX3 SDK package for Windows. Please download EZ-USB FX3 SDK package for Windows, GPIF 2 Designer will also be installed on your PC.

Note: GPIF II Designer is not supported for Linux OS platforms.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
info
Level 1
Level 1

There is no GPIF II Designer included in the Linux download .zip found here. https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.ezusbfx3sdk

Only the documentation is present.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

GPIF II Designer application is included in the FX3 SDK package for Windows. Please download EZ-USB FX3 SDK package for Windows, GPIF 2 Designer will also be installed on your PC.

Note: GPIF II Designer is not supported for Linux OS platforms.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

info
Level 1
Level 1
Note: GPIF II Designer is not supported for Linux OS platforms

Is there a timeline for this to be fixed? The total non-fixed contents of cyfxgpif2config.h are not even 700 bytes for a relatively complex video receiver.

If there is a newer alternative Cypress product which does have Linux support for the development tools, it would be good to know.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

There are no plans yet to support GPIF II Designer for Linux.

FX3 supports Linux development except the GPIF II Designer software. 

Could you let us know what type of product you are looking for?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes