What does Event Log code 0x86 stand for?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
usb_dev
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I have some different USB devices, one of them sometimes have transfer problem on some particular laptop

When I try to display the USB event log, I found 

Normal device: 06 88 12 89 8a 8b 25 26 90 17

usb_dev_0-1639101852101.png

The one have transfer issue: 06 88 12 89 8a 8b 25 26 90 17 86 11 90 17 86 11 90 17

I  can  identify all the other code meanings with "CyU3PUsbLinkState_t" and  "USB event log values"

except 0x86, so, what does this code stand for? and maybe why it was generated also?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Based on your log, It looks like a USB warm reset has happened, To find why this happened we need more information.
For that can you please use the USBBulkSourceSink example and provide a UART log for both scenarios one with a working setup and the second not working laptop.

Best Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Biren_R

Based on your log, It looks like a USB warm reset has happened, To find why this happened we need more information.
For that can you please use the USBBulkSourceSink example and provide a UART log for both scenarios one with a working setup and the second not working laptop.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I will try to do that when I can get the laptop

To be clear, does the 0x86 0x11 mean warm reset? or, only 0x11 mean warm reset?

0 Likes
Biren_R

0x11 is a warm reset, You can refer CYU3P_USB_LOG_USBSS_RESET in this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\1_3_4\fx3_sdk_1_3_4_src\fx3_sdk_1_3_4_src\sdk\firmware\include\cyu3usb.h

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes

What I really want is: to be sure is 0x86 has nothing to do with the problem, and no valuable clue either. I know what 0x11 mean, and any other code in the image

Thanks again, you can close this quest if no more information about 0x86

I can take 0x86 as a hidden value

0 Likes