We can't use usb-serial and video at same time in windows7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Jianchao
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Environment

1. OS is windows7

2. FX3 hardware

3. sdk: FX3_SDK_Windows_v1.3.3.exe

4. CDC-driver : 3.13.0.84  in windwos7 for Cypress usb-serial

5. Install driver flow doctment Infineon-USB-Serial_Driver_Installation_Guide_1-Software-v01_00-EN.pdf

Reappearance

1. open video with AMCap, then video is normal;

2. open usb-serial, then the video is stop immediately;

3. we use other computer, the error is the same;

Question

1. We can't use usb-serial and video at same time in windows7.

2. We capture log with Bus Hound tool, attach saving log  "win7_first_open_vidoe_then_open_serial_error.zip".

The error log info is 41.0  USTS c0000004 from Bus Hound.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Please answer the following:
1. Does USB Serial work after opening the terminal?
2. The error says STALL_PID which could be due to invalid command. Is the driver, windows driver? If so, can you try installing Cypress driver which is available with FX3 SDK?
3. I don't see any commands which issue stop streaming. Windows might not send IN tokens after the above issue. Can you provide us the Wireshark logs for us to further debug this issue(Capture from the enumeration of each device)?
4. Which FX3 example do you use for Video streaming? Can you use the latest FX3 SDK and try again?
5. Can you try if you can reproduce the issue with Windows 10?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, Ajeeth

Please answer the following:
1. Does USB Serial work after opening the terminal?

--->yes, USB Serial work normally, Can read and write serial command.

2. The error says STALL_PID which could be due to invalid command. Is the driver, windows driver? If so, can you try installing Cypress driver which is available with FX3 SDK?
---> yes, it is windows driver.
---> I update usb serial driver with the folder, the folder path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64\cyusb3.inf".
windows show error info "the driver is not for x64 OS".
3. I don't see any commands which issue stop streaming. Windows might not send IN tokens after the above issue. Can you provide us the Wireshark logs for us to further debug this issue(Capture from the enumeration of each device)?
--->I capture the error log "Wireshark_win7_Cypress_error_log.zip", please find in attached log.
but I can't make sure time when I open usb serial, Can you find the time in "Wireshark_win7_Cypress_error_log.zip".
--->"win7_Cypress_only_serial_log.zip" is only usb serial log with Wireshark tool capturing.

4. Which FX3 example do you use for Video streaming? Can you use the latest FX3 SDK and try again?
--->using the latest FX3 SDK will cost more time, and this issue only appear in windows7.

5. Can you try if you can reproduce the issue with Windows 10?
--->no, this issue do not reproduce with windows 10.

0 Likes

Hello,

I could see that the Video frame is getting corrupted when the Serial terminal gets opened.

1. Which FX3 Firmware example you are using? Is it the AN75779 example? Is there any customization done other than adding the CDC interface?
2. Are you using the Superspeed explorer Kit to test this application?
3. Can you share the UART debug prints as there is Video frame corruption when opening the Serial terminal?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

Hi, Ajeeth

1. Which FX3 Firmware example you are using? Is it the AN75779 example? Is there any customization done other than adding the CDC interface?
---> yes, we use AN75779 example.
We only add adding the CDC interface.
There is a abnormal phenomenon that 384x288 yuv422 video is normal, but 640x512 yuv422 can't work normally in Windows7.
2. Are you using the Superspeed explorer Kit to test this application?
--->We do not have Superspeed explorer Kit.
3. Can you share the UART debug prints as there is Video frame corruption when opening the Serial terminal?
--->there is no debug prints, We only open usb serial after setting Baud rate, Data bits, Stop bit and so on.
If we open usb serial, then uvc video stop immediately.

0 Likes

Hi,

1. Can you share the screenshot of the driver bound to the CDC device in Windows 10(the English language is preferred)?
2. Are you using the custom board with UART not brought out?
3. How is your CDC implementation done? What is the base code?
4. Can you share the project with us if not confidential?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

Hi, Ajeeth

Can you reproduce the issue on your computer, then you can obtain more error log.

I will  prepare the reply  for your question.

Thanks,

0 Likes