Unable to get image in cx3 based custom board.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Shafi
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins First solution authored 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am using CX3 based custom board, I have written my firmware image in SPI flash and my board is enumerating as a device in SPI boot mode. But image streaming is not being done(getting black screen).

My DMA and timer getting restarted continuously. I followed this KBA and changed the timer period and I increased the DMA buffer size. Still I am unable to get image in AMCap or Camera app.

Please find the below log for your reference.

Shafi_0-1656327159712.jpeg

Can you help me in this regard?

Thank you,

Shafi.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Shafi,

The progress timer usually overflows when the sensor is not sending data to CX3. Again, it depends on the places where you have actually called the API CyU3PTimerStart (). Can you please probe the FV, LV and PCLK testpoints on CX3 and share the traces with us so that we can have a check.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please share the source code with us for checking? Based on your description and UART logs, I understand that the timer overflowed. But, the below KBA is for commitbuffer failures:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-Error-in-CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuf...

Please confirm if the failure seen is due to timer overflow or commitbuffer failure so that we can debug the issue further.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello,

Sorry I can't share my code but I have found that the reset is not because of commitbuffer failure. I think it is because of timer overflow. Can you tell me how to solve this?

Thank you,

Shafi.

0 Likes

Hi Shafi,

The progress timer usually overflows when the sensor is not sending data to CX3. Again, it depends on the places where you have actually called the API CyU3PTimerStart (). Can you please probe the FV, LV and PCLK testpoints on CX3 and share the traces with us so that we can have a check.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

Now, I am able to stream images with my custom board. The issue was, one particular power rail was not powered up properly.

Thank you for your help,

Shafi.

0 Likes