Unable to Still capture of higher resolution over USB 2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RameshRajan
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins First like received First solution authored

Hi team,

I added different resolutions to my custom camera board with the help of this  link .

I have taken care of probe control settings and descriptor settings while adding different resolutions.

Currently I am facing some issues and I would like to have a help from you.

1. I can able to stream 13MP resolution over USB 2.0 but for some lower resolutions like VGA I'm getting black screen in AMCap. But I am getting image in windows camera app, why is this  happen ? Did I miss anything?

2. 13MP resolution streaming is perfectly being done and I have added still capture capability to it. When I try to capture image, the streaming is getting interrupted and on to UART log side I'm getting DMA_RESET(continuously starting and stopping the App). May I know why this happening?

Your help is most appreciated.

Thank you,

Abdul.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Abdul,

I originally thought that if the GET/SET requests from the host are not handled properly this issue is seen.
Please refer to this thread : https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/host-application-compatability/m-p/3613....

But after going through the UART prints, there are commit buffer failures occurring. Maybe the host is slow in reading the data from the host. Please refer to this thread for details on this issue: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-Error-in-CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuf....

Please share with us wireshark traces when the issue is seen.
Also is the issue seen with lower resolution and lower frames per second?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AliAsgar

Hi Abdul,

1. Could you please share your firmware with us, if possible?
If some UVC requests are not handled properly, stream works in Windows camera app but doesn't work with Amcap.

2. What method of still image capture is used?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

Hi AliAsgar,

"Could you please share your firmware with us, if possible?"

Sorry I cant able to share the firmware with you but I can give some observation results to you. 

i. Using camera app I am getting stream and I can able to see the correct frame information in UART logs. 

ii. Using Amcap when i try to set new capture format I can see a blank see and UART logs are like DMA_RESET Appstart and AppStop continuously.

I am handling those UVC requests in a function called SetImageSensorStillResolution() where I configure the MIPI-CSI interface parameters over I2C using CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams() API and stimulating ISP. 

Please let me know what I missed here.

"What method of still image capture is used?"

To get the still image capture, I am following the method2 specified in AN75779 where I temporarily suspend video streaming and configure with still resolution and capture image.

My common issue for these two scenarios is DMA_RESET repeatedly  according to the UART logs.

Please help me in this.

Thank you,

Abdul.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Abdul,

Could you please share the UART logs with us?

Please find the latest AN75779 firmware in the FX3 product page. The default firmware supports still image capture method 2. Please compare this with your firmware.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi AliAsgar,

Please find the UART logs below.

I am getting streaming in windows camera app but not in AMCap, can you give me any hint here?

Does this issue is regarding descriptors?

Any help from your side please?

Thank you,

Abdul.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Abdul,

I originally thought that if the GET/SET requests from the host are not handled properly this issue is seen.
Please refer to this thread : https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/host-application-compatability/m-p/3613....

But after going through the UART prints, there are commit buffer failures occurring. Maybe the host is slow in reading the data from the host. Please refer to this thread for details on this issue: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-Error-in-CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuf....

Please share with us wireshark traces when the issue is seen.
Also is the issue seen with lower resolution and lower frames per second?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes