Unable to Implement FailSafe Firmware Update?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Subhash24
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello, 

For the last few days, I'm trying failsafe firmware update as explained here     , I'm using the same code and followed the same steps as mentioned,  first I merged 2nd stage boot loader and UsbBulkSrcSink and then flashed to my Denebola Kit, and It successfully shows itself as a device in the control center, but later when I try to update new firmware(USBBulkloopAutoEnum from examples) with given Firmware Updater, I flashed new firmware with given Firmware updater, but It didn't execute in Denebola Kit. Even in the control center, I didn't get anything to see.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Are you able to get the USBBulkLoopAutoEnum firmware working? If yes, please elaborate the fix that you did so that we can check if it is proper or not.

I tried to test the default projects as it is and was able to get the USBBulkLoopAutoEnum enumerated properly without making any changes to the code. The only thing is that you will not be able to make any further firmware updates. This is because the default USBBulkLoopAutoEnum does not handle the vendor commands issued by Fx3FirmwareUpdate utility for further firmware updates.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please share the merged image file for us to check? Also, please let me know if you are using debug or release builds.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Jayakrishna I'm using Release builds

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you share the USBBulkloopAutoEnum firmware used for testing? Also, does the Fx3FirmwareUpdate utility show status as Success or Fail when you program USBBulkloopAutoEnum ?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Yeah I'm getting success after updating. check screenshot once

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please try the following tests and let me know the result of each of them:

1. After updating the firmware (with USBBulkLoopAutoEnum ) using Fx3FirmwareUpdate utility, just press on reset button and see if you are able to get the device enumerated.

2. Try programming USBBulkSoruceSink image itself using Fx3FirmwareUpdate utility and see if you are able to get the device enumerated properly.

3. Program the USBBulkLoopAutoEnum firmware into RAM directly using control center application and check if you are able to see the device enumerated or not.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

I tried removed Firmware update check for Firmware2 then It is totally working fine.

0 Likes

Hello,

Are you able to get the USBBulkLoopAutoEnum firmware working? If yes, please elaborate the fix that you did so that we can check if it is proper or not.

I tried to test the default projects as it is and was able to get the USBBulkLoopAutoEnum enumerated properly without making any changes to the code. The only thing is that you will not be able to make any further firmware updates. This is because the default USBBulkLoopAutoEnum does not handle the vendor commands issued by Fx3FirmwareUpdate utility for further firmware updates.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

Thanks for support Jaya Krishna, fail-safe firmware is working fine as you said

0 Likes