USBBulkLoopAuto example Error 997

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Stalker
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored First like received 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am starting work with FX3 chipset, and follow appnote AP75705 example USB Bulk Loop Auto.

I have compile the code; Program the board  via "Control center", I am having problem when trying to perform BULK transfer,

once I hit button "Transfer data Out" I am getting error 997:

BULK OUT transfer
BULK OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997

I have search support  forums and find two similar topics:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/BULK-OUT-transfer-failed-with-Error-Cod...

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/BULK-IN-transfer-failed-with-Error-Code...

I have tried to update driver on PC, didnt help.

I wasnt clear about how to change "endpoint timeout" at control center application, suggested in one of the postings above.

Also, if there is anything else what can be done to get the application up running, please advise at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Stalker  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Teja_N
50 solutions authored 5 likes given 100 replies posted

Hi,

I couldn't recreate the issue. This might be an installation issue. Can you please try re-installing the FX3 SDK or install a different version of FX3 SDK and check if the issue still persists.

Best Regards,

Teja

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Teja_N

Hi @Stalker ,

Can you please let us know the DMA configuration (i.e., DMA buffer size and count ) that you are using in your firmware?

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
Stalker
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Teja_N 

Thank you for your reply. is it this one below you are asking?

Please advise,

regards,

Stalker

#define CY_FX_BULKLP_DMA_BUF_COUNT      (8)                       /* Bulk loop channel buffer count */
#define CY_FX_BULKLP_DMA_TX_SIZE        (0)                       /* DMA transfer size is set to infinite */
#define CY_FX_BULKLP_THREAD_STACK       (0x1000)                  /* Bulk loop application thread stack size */
#define CY_FX_BULKLP_THREAD_PRIORITY    (8)                       /* Bulk loop application thread priority */

0 Likes
Teja_N

Hi @Stalker ,

Can you please tell us the size of the data that you were trying to transfer?

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
Stalker
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Teja_N ,

I am using control center to transfer 5 bytes from PC to the board

Regards,

Stalker

0 Likes
Teja_N

Hi @Stalker ,

I have tried using theCYUSB3KIT-003 board with firmware in the following path in FX3 SDK installation folder,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\dma_examples\cyfxbulklpauto

By selecting the BULK OUT endpoint(0x01), I was able to send 8 Data-OUT transfer for 8 times as my DMA buffer count is 8 after which I was experiencing the error 997. Then after that the occupied buffers can be cleared by either calling a few Data-IN requests from BULK IN endpoint(0x81)  or performing a reset on the pipe clears the occupied buffers.

Teja1_0-1699353019922.png

Please try using the mentioned bulkloopauto firmware and check if you were able to transfer properly. If the issue still persists please share the debug logs.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Stalker
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Teja_N ,

Thank you for your reply. I am using exact same example as you mention. and still have no luck of data transfers, i have tried 5, 8. 10 , 16 bytes  no luck. Please see attached serial debug, and advise....

Regards,

Stalker 

0 Likes
Stalker
Level 2
Level 2

hi @Teja_N 

Do you have any updates?

Please advise at your earliest convenience 

Regards,

0 Likes
Teja_N

Hi,

I couldn't recreate the issue. This might be an installation issue. Can you please try re-installing the FX3 SDK or install a different version of FX3 SDK and check if the issue still persists.

Best Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
Stalker
Level 2
Level 2

upgraded to version 1.3.5 seems to be solve the issue