USB3014 can't recognize by the host

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiKe_4839841
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We had build up a USB3.0 device by Cypress FX3.  But we can't recognized (Linkup) by Host.

I have no idea how to debug this issue, have any one can help me on this issue?

Thanks

Jimmy

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know which host you are connecting the device to?

Please try connecting it to a Windows 10 PC and check the Device manager for enumeration.

You can first open the Device manager and then connect the device. The Device manager is expected to refresh and a new device is expected to be seen. If a new device is seen in Device Manager, then please send a screen shot of the Device Manager and the property of that particular Device.

Also, please send us the FX3 firmware source or the FX3 firmware image file. You can use the Advance Editor option at attach files in your response.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know which host you are connecting the device to?

Please try connecting it to a Windows 10 PC and check the Device manager for enumeration.

You can first open the Device manager and then connect the device. The Device manager is expected to refresh and a new device is expected to be seen. If a new device is seen in Device Manager, then please send a screen shot of the Device Manager and the property of that particular Device.

Also, please send us the FX3 firmware source or the FX3 firmware image file. You can use the Advance Editor option at attach files in your response.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi @S__86188034_0.jpgS__86188034.jpgYatheesh,

Thanks your response.  Currently we are using Lenovo T590 with Windows 10.  After using your suggestion method but still can't link to USB host.  Today I had measure the Crystal and found the signal integrity is not good enough and amplitude voltage is only around 20~30mv.  Can you help me double check if this is correct or not, If not have any suggestion on the PCBA setting?  

And due to USB can't link up with Host so we can't sent the boot code to flash.  Or if you would like to help us to review out firmware.  Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share your board schematic for review?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes