USB3 Vision Firmware for FX3 FPGA Industrial Camera

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1484456
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I have implemented a U3V camera with FX3014, but the CMOS sensor has DVP parallel interface. In order to use MIPI or LVDS CIS with high resolution, I plan to take FPGA to be a bridge from CMOS sensor to FX3014. where to find a similar project to it? it is enough even it is a UVC solution, I can study it for my design.

I am familiar with AN75779 for UVC, and I have review the doc AN65974, in which a solution with FX3 Slave FIFO is described, but it has not CMOS sensor interface besides transfer packets to FX3;  in the post"UVC Firmware for FX3 FPGA Industrial Camera Demo Kit - KBA229407", it is a introduce about UVC demo without source code disclosure. It has little help for me to design a camera.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

AN65974 FPGA code can be used/modified to send the video data to FX3.

Unfortunately, we do not have any other reference example for U3V with FPGA source code but we suggest to use SlaveFIFO interface for the application as suggested in this KBA  FX3 + FPGA + HelionVision ISP-Based Industrial Cam... - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

"UVC Firmware for FX3 FPGA Industrial Camera Demo Kit - KBA229407" KBA also uses SlaveFIFO interface on the GPIF side of FX3 and FX3 enumerates as UVC device on host side to stream the video data. FX3 firmware for the above KBA is shared in the attachment with the KBA  UVC Firmware for FX3 FPGA Industrial Camera Demo K... - Infineon Developer Community  

Kindly, let me know if you can download the .zip file.

Please let me know why can't you use SlaveFIFO interface of FX3 for sending video data from FPGA to FX3.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
user_1484456
Level 2
Level 2

I can download KBA229407.zip, and I have done it. But it hasn't FPGA source code besides an image file .bits.

The FPGA bits file has two components: MIPI and ISP, I plan to remove ISP and put CV algorithm of myself on the FPGA, I need a demo to follow and design my camera solution. furthermore, I am going to put various CMOS sensor, such as MIPI, LVDS, DVP, even stereo camera on same a FPGA plateform to interface with FX3. Does Cypress provide such a design with more FPGA details and U3V support to FX3014 firmware ?

0 Likes

Hello,

AN65974 FPGA code can be used/modified to send the video data to FX3.

Unfortunately, we do not have any other reference example for U3V with FPGA source code but we suggest to use SlaveFIFO interface for the application as suggested in this KBA  FX3 + FPGA + HelionVision ISP-Based Industrial Cam... - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
user_1484456
Level 2
Level 2

I wrote to HelionVision for FPGA code in the KBA solution. I was told that Cypress can provide this FPGA-FW after a license contract. I want to know how to do it, and who should I contact?

this is the reply from HelionVision:  In order to get access to the FPGA-FW and Cypress-FW please sign the free of charge ev_aluation licence contract. 

I have implemented FX3014 firmware for U3V camera based on FIFO streaming. I just need the code for MIPI to FIFO on Lattice FPGA ECP5 except ISP.Furthermore, I want to deploy it on a LATTICE FPGA with smaller scale.

0 Likes
user_1484456
Level 2
Level 2
0 Likes

I need the source code of this project as demo to tailor my U3V camera with AR0521, instead of the image. if cypress is not able to provide any camera solution firmware code on FPGA FIFO with FX3014, pls tell me directly.

0 Likes