USB3.0 certified USB-Serial Bridge

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Is there a USB-Serial Bridge Controller that supports USB3.0?

Or, do you have a plan for that product?

CY7C65213 is USB 2.0 certified, so I just want this 3.0 certified version.

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Tetsuo san,

When CY7C65213 is connected via the USB 3.0 hub, CyOpen of USB Serial Library fails. I think this will happen because CY7C65213 is USB 2.0 certified device.

>> {Rsponse] This behavior is not expected when  CY7C65213 is connected to a USB 3.0 hub

- Please let me know if the device enumerates properly

- Also, let me know if the device is configured UART in CDC or Vendor mode and does the device binds to the appropriate driver (based on the configuration mode)

- If the device enumerates as expected and also binds to the appropriate driver  (either cyusb3 or cypress serial driver) properly we suspect the problem to be on the host application side. So, is it possible for you to share the host application code for us to check

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Tetsuo san,

Please let me know the requirements.

- Do you need the device as I2C/SPI/UART slave or as a master?

- Please let me know why do you need USB (3.0) - serial bridge

Please refer to the FX3 (USB 3.0 peripheral controller) datasheet https://www.cypress.com/file/140296/download.

FX3 can be used as SPI/UART/I2C master only.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Rashi-san,

The current PCB uses CY7C65213.

When CY7C65213 is connected via the USB 3.0 hub, CyOpen of USB Serial Library fails. I think this will happen because CY7C65213 is USB 2.0 certified device.

I want to replace CY7C65213 with USB3.0 device.

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes

Hello Tetsuo san,

>> {Rsponse] This behavior is not expected when  CY7C65213 is connected to a USB 3.0 hub

- Please let me know if the device enumerates properly

- Also, let me know if the device is configured UART in CDC or Vendor mode and does the device binds to the appropriate driver (based on the configuration mode)

- If the device enumerates as expected and also binds to the appropriate driver  (either cyusb3 or cypress serial driver) properly we suspect the problem to be on the host application side. So, is it possible for you to share the host application code for us to check

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Rashi-san,

Thank you very much.