USB 3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Prabhjot
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Sir/Mam

We are planning to use the part CYUSB3014-BZXI in our design but the FPGA we are using only supports 1.5V I/O voltage level. SO could you suggest how can we interface it with our FPGA . And Is there any other part that supports 1.5V I/O level.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

FX3 works at a minimum of 1.7V so you can use some bus level shifter.

Best Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

I understand that you need to add USB 3.0 functionality to your application but the FPGA supports only 1.5V IO voltage. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, as you are aware FX3 supports min voltage of 1.7 V on VIO1/VIO2 (GPIF interface). Please confirm that you want to have an application as mentioned in AN65974 i.e. interfacing FPGA through GPIF II interface

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
Prabhjot
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello

I understand that you need to add USB 3.0 functionality to your application but the FPGA supports only 1.5V IO voltage. Is my understanding correct?--CORRECT

If yes, as you are aware FX3 supports min voltage of 1.7 V on VIO1/VIO2 (GPIF interface). Please confirm that you want to have an application as mentioned in AN65974 i.e. interfacing FPGA through GPIF II interface--Yes,We are interfacing through GPIF II interface

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello,

FX3 works at a minimum of 1.7V so you can use some bus level shifter.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes

Hello 

Can you suggest some Part for BUS level shifter which will serve the purpose.

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello,

Sorry we don't have any reference design for this but I think you can search the "BUS level shifter" keyword in google and get some design references, you may need to modify the reference design based on your clock and voltage.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes