UART example on Denebola CX3 kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am working on a Denebola CX3 Kit which comes with a OV5640 image sensor. I used the sample application "Cx3UvcOV5640" and flashed the board. I am able to see the video on e-CamView and it works fine. I am trying to get some logs from the device so that I can view it on my serial console (Tera term). The USB COM port comes up on the PC, but I am not able to see any messages.

I am sending messages via the serial console using CyU3PDebugPrint().  CX3_DEBUG_ENABLED  is also set to 1.

Any idea why I am not seeing the debug logs on my PC.

Please provide any examples to view serial logs.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

0 Likes
1 Solution
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi AliAsgar,

I will check the FX3APIGuide.

I checked the UART issue. I was able to get the UART to work through the serial port (DB9) via the calls CyU3PUartTransmitBytes().

Is there a way that both UART over USB and UART over serial (DB9) can be supported? There is only one call CyU3PUartSetConfig() to configure the UART.

How do we differentiate between setting configuration for USB over UART and USB over serial?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Subbu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Subbu,

Please refer to the given KBA for debug steps: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-CyU3PDebugPrint-Not-Printing-UART-Debu...

Let us know if this does not help solve the issue.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi AliAsgar,

Thanks for the quick response. I will try it out.

BTW, is there any API document for the OS calls?

Regards,

Subbu

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Subbu,

Could you let me know what you mean by OS calls?

Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi AliAsgar,

I meant the APIs provided by Cypress which interfaces with the OS.

For instance CyU3PUartTransmitBytes(), CyU3PDeviceConfigureIOMatrix(), etc are API provided by Cypress. Is there a document which provides the full list of APIs with description?

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Subbu,

Please refer to FX3APIGuide pdf provided with the FX3 SDK. This document has all full list of APIs used in application firmware with its description.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi AliAsgar,

I will check the FX3APIGuide.

I checked the UART issue. I was able to get the UART to work through the serial port (DB9) via the calls CyU3PUartTransmitBytes().

Is there a way that both UART over USB and UART over serial (DB9) can be supported? There is only one call CyU3PUartSetConfig() to configure the UART.

How do we differentiate between setting configuration for USB over UART and USB over serial?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Subbu,

Please refer to UsbUart firmware project provided with the FX3 SDK. In the given project, USB uses a CDC-VCP class, thus enabling Uart over USB, and the Uart peripheral of FX3/CX3 is also enabled.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes