Test UsbSpiRegMode example with Control Center

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
carlos_solano26
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First like given

Hi, i am trying to test an SPI transfer using UsbSpiRegMode example, is there a way to do so with Control Center?

i am using a Saleae logic analyser to visualize the transfered data interconected with EZ-USB FX3 superspeed explorer kit

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Yes, you can send vendor commands from the Control center(Setup packet) using the control endpoint of the enumerated device.

Please refer to the ReadMe of the UsbSpiRegMode example to learn about all the supported commands.

Please refer to the Control center user guide to get started with the Control Center.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Yes, you can send vendor commands from the Control center(Setup packet) using the control endpoint of the enumerated device.

Please refer to the ReadMe of the UsbSpiRegMode example to learn about all the supported commands.

Please refer to the Control center user guide to get started with the Control Center.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, 

thank you, i have found the vendor commands in the ReadMe.txt file from UsbSpiRegMode example, only it seems to be some variations on the naming.

also, sorry to waste your time but, how can i adapt UsbSpiRegMode so it uses the external pins from superspeed explorer kit. i can't visualize anything with my logic analyser when i connect it to the SPI pins (mosi, miso, ssn, clk). i'll be very gratefull if you could help me with some orienting here just so i know what to do

0 Likes

Hi Carlos,

Super speed explorer kit does not have SPI Flash; hence, you have to connect an external SPI flash to communicate with it.

In UsbSpiRegMode, the "Read Firmware ID" command is to verify the firmware in the FX3 and the firmware will return data without doing an SPI transaction. You can use any other SPI-related commands to see some transactions on the SPI pins.

Thanks,
Ajeeth