THREAD PRIORITY IN CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am currently working in a firmware  for CX 3 device, based on RTOS, in order to send CMOS sensor data frame to laptop through USB, using UVC driver. I am following the example design which you have for another OV sensor. 

I have seen that when CyU3PThreadCreate() is called, it has a field named priority, and I assume it determines the thread importance for the scheduler.  So I have a question related with this:

- How  many priorities has CX3?  Are this priorities increasing or decreasing order? I mean, If I have a couple of threads with different priorities (7 and 8, for instance)  which will have a higher priority execution for the scheduler?.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to Section 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 of the document GettingStartedWithFX3SDK.pdf that comes along with FX3 SDK. This document can be found in the following location after installing the FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

The details mentioned in the above document is applicable for CX3 also. The above sections has all the relevant information to answer your queries. Please let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to Section 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 of the document GettingStartedWithFX3SDK.pdf that comes along with FX3 SDK. This document can be found in the following location after installing the FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

The details mentioned in the above document is applicable for CX3 also. The above sections has all the relevant information to answer your queries. Please let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes