SuperSpeed Explorer Kit using Streamer Application with add-in USB3 PCIe card

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
frank9876
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello.

I am using the Streamer Application  from SDK1.3.4 with the SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.  When I plug the setup into a USB3 port that is part of the motherboard, all is fine and I can get transfers approximately 4.3Gbps.  There are no failures.  I am just using the default settings that the Streamer Application starts with.  All looks good and is okay.

However, when I try to use a RocketU 1244A USB3 add-in card with the default settings,  I get approximately 200 Successes and then it just keeps failing.  The transfer rate just decreases to 0 if I let it run over time.  After the initial successes, everything is failure.

The settings are BULK IN, packets per xfer=32, xfers to queue=16.  Which is the default.

After trying numerous different things, it appears that the 1244A card cannot queue up any more than one DeviceIoControl() buffer at a time?  Other cards, in addition to the motherboard usb ports, appear to allow queuing up multiple buffers simultaneously via DeviceIoControl().

If I make the packets per xfer=1 and xfers to queue=1 in the Streamer Application with the 1244A card, I can get no failures but the transfer rate is 0.043Gbps (much slower).  Are you aware of any limitations in using DeviceIoControl() with the 1244A USB3 PCIe card?

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Frank,

Please refer to a similar thread  Solved: Bulk In data streaming hangs on CYUSB3KIT-001 DevK... - Infineon Developer Community  

The issue doesn't seem to be caused by the cyusb3 driver

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies