Streaming data to PC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MaMa_4034336
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm trying to send raw Image data to my PC, I have the CYUSB3KIT-003. On the board should all be set up. I started to write a C# program, to read the data on my PC. I used the Bulkloop_VCS program as start point and wrote some modification to start communication with the Image sensor. I tried all with a very slow testsetup and could receive data. However as, when i tried it with my sensor my Board keeps resetting. It looks like, that i don't read the data on the USB-Port fast enough and i don't understand where my bottleneck is. The speed test program, which comes with the board says my USB3.0 connection is fast enough.

To read the data i use the CCyUSBEndPoint::XferData  methoded.

i attach my c# program.

kind regards,

Matthias

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

i found my error, why i can't read more than one frame.

in the loop where I read my data, I used the function XferData(buf, len) and I forgot, that after the data is read the len parameter is overwritten with the real length of the data. I had to set len in every loop iteration to the data size again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

You are using vendor class driver in your application.

Please specify what is the firmware that you are using in this application?

In this thread (modife AN75779 ) you are asking for modification of AN75779. Are you trying to modify AN75779 and use your application?

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

i wrote my own firmware based on the one from an75799. I will also attach the firmware. The GPIF II is in the attachmend

kind regards,

Matthias

0 Likes

Hello,

the modife AN75779 post is my second try to find where I'm too slow for the data transfer. I still use the uploaded firmware on my board and the uploaded application on my pc.

kind regards,

Matthias

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

i changed my state machine and now i can read data and i looks like it's the right amount of bytes. I know use a modified version of the AN75779 as state machine and firmware. For the PC is wrote my own application. However know it looks like I'm reading data in to the Cypress board even when the Line valid is false. Where could be my error.

I attache my Firmware (which has included the GPIF II) and my PC Programm

kind regards,

Matthias

0 Likes

Hello, as always i just found my error.
i switch the LV and FV pins. However now i have the problem i only can read one frame and when i try to stream data i also only send one frame

kindregards,

Matthias

0 Likes

Hello,

i found my error, why i can't read more than one frame.

in the loop where I read my data, I used the function XferData(buf, len) and I forgot, that after the data is read the len parameter is overwritten with the real length of the data. I had to set len in every loop iteration to the data size again.

0 Likes