Streaming UVC with a CYUSB3KIT-003

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
UM
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins First solution authored

I am using the CYUSB3KIT-003 to stream a UVC stream to a computer. The image is produced by a sensor connected to an FPGA that can stream the image data in YUV2 format with the required LV and FV signals. If I do not interact with the I2C Bus, will the application still produce an image?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JiangJing
First like given 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

NO, the I2C bus is the control interface, FX3 translates video control settings (such as brightness) to the image sensor over the I2C interface. 

And for the FPGA+FX3+UVC application, you also can refer to this KBA ( https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-FPGA-HelionVision-ISP-Based-Industrial...)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JiangJing

Hi,

NO, the I2C bus is the control interface, FX3 translates video control settings (such as brightness) to the image sensor over the I2C interface. 

And for the FPGA+FX3+UVC application, you also can refer to this KBA ( https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-FPGA-HelionVision-ISP-Based-Industrial...)

0 Likes
UM
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins First solution authored

Thank you. 

Note: Cypress can help users to develop FX3 firmware to support additional features. Contact Cypress Technical Support for additional board files, FX3 firmware and FPGA files to test prototype.

I'd like to request FPGA files for the design. Specially the I2C handler.

0 Likes
JiangJing

Hi,

Sorry, we don't provide the FPGA source code (we only release one FPGA file for FX3 FIFO application, you can see it in the AN65974 source Files). We can give you the assistance for developing FX3 firmware. Thanks

0 Likes