Simultaneous bulk-in and controlep communication on Superspeed USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I have adapted the streamer app firmware to stream raw10 (Bayer) video to the PC and written an OpenCV PC application to display it.  The firmware and PC app together have some issues.  At 5Mp resolution, the video streams only for a minute or two before PC error 31 pops up.  After this error firmware must be reloaded to resume operation.  At 1080p, the system runs reliably, but images are sometimes not correctly framed.  That is multiple frames appear in the same image as I have show.

pastedImage_12.png

The framing is intermittent.  While working on the PC, browsing, text editing, etc. The partial frames will shift in the video window.  Stopping and restarting imaging will sync the frames with the window until the next random shift happens.

As part of the device's control, I have implemented commands that I send to the control endpoint and receive in the CX3 firmware to control various aspects of the device's operation.  Unfortunately, any time I send any of these commands video is disrupted for several seconds.  I saw this related white paper (https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10848) but the proposed solution will disrupt video just as m...

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Reply
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

The KBA EZ-USB® FX3™ Issues With Simultaneous Bulk-IN and Control-IN Transfers In USB 2.0 – KBA92475  talks about the issue in USB 2.0 not in Superspeed operation. We have not seens any such issues in SuperSpeed Operation.

Can you please reduce the number of frames in 5MP case and test the host application?

What is the state of device in Device Manager after 31 error?

0 Likes