SYS_MEM overflow in 1.3.4 SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rakesh
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 50 sign-ins

Hi infineon team, 

I port my source code ( build using 1.3.1) to 1.3.4 SDK. Upon compiling my code, I get an error message such as SYS_MEM overflowed by 37624 bytes. For this issue, I have modified the fx.ld and cyfxtx.c files. Due to this modification, I need to reduce the UVC_STREAM_BUFF size (previously we used 36KB). But if i reduced the UVC_STREAM_BUFF size, i am facing GET_BUFF_FAILED issue as mentioned in this community link.

As all of our products use 36KB as the standard UVC_STREAM_BUFF size. Currently we are unable to port our code to 1.3.4 SDK.

Our expectation for SDK 1.3.5 is to have some lesser library size. So that I can maintain 36 KB as UVC_STREAM_BUFF size when I port from SDK 1.3.1 to SDK 1.3.5. Please comment on this.

Reagrds ,

Rakesh

@AliAsgar @Rashi_Vatsa @KandlaguntaR_36 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Rakesh,

Please go through the KBA:https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Optimizing-Code-Size-in-FX3-SDK-KBA230335/... on details on reducing code size.

Apart from this we do not think if SDK 1.3.4 or SDK 1.3.5 can reduce the code size more than SDK 1.3.1

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AliAsgar

Hi Rakesh,

Can you let us know if the second stage bootloader area is also being used for any purpose? Is that much memory included with the DMA buffer area?

SDK 1.3.5 has updates on top of SDK 1.3.4. We cannot comment on the library size of SDK 1.3.5 right now.

Is the buffer issue occurring if DMA buffer size is 16KB with 4 DMA buffer count?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

Hi aliasgar,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if the second stage bootloader area is also being used for any purpose? Is that much memory included with the DMA buffer area?

>>> yes we have utilized the second stage bootloader area and also we include that area for DMA buffer.

Is the buffer issue occurring if DMA buffer size is 16KB with 4 DMA buffer count?

>>> I  reduced the buffer size to 16KB with 4 counts but i got no streaming . when the Buffer size is around 18KB and 4 buff counts i got streaming but GET BUFF FAILED issue still exists as in 32KB buffer size.

Note: This issue occurs only for 1920*1080  @ 60 FPS , 30FPS. other resolutions i am not getting GET BUFF FAILED issues. for ex(640*480@120FPS, 4208*3120@4FPS)

Best Regards,
Rakesh

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Rakesh,

Please go through the KBA:https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Optimizing-Code-Size-in-FX3-SDK-KBA230335/... on details on reducing code size.

Apart from this we do not think if SDK 1.3.4 or SDK 1.3.5 can reduce the code size more than SDK 1.3.1

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes