SPI interface with multiple slaves

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
carlos_solano26
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First like given

i am developing an SPI interface on firmware with an FX3 device, but i need to have multiple slaves and be able to choose which one i want to communicate with, as far as i know, fx3 only has one chip select line for SPI

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

The slave Select line available in FX3 by default is meant for the default Slave device. If you want to use multiple slaves, you can always use any other available GPIOs and assert and de-assert in the Firmware whenever needed. CyU3PSpiSetSsnLine API is used for asserting/de-asserting the SSN line. You can refer to the UsbSpiRegMode and UsbSpiDmaMode code examples to get started with your application.

You can find the API guide for the FX3 SDK in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware" after FX3 SDK installation in Windows.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

The slave Select line available in FX3 by default is meant for the default Slave device. If you want to use multiple slaves, you can always use any other available GPIOs and assert and de-assert in the Firmware whenever needed. CyU3PSpiSetSsnLine API is used for asserting/de-asserting the SSN line. You can refer to the UsbSpiRegMode and UsbSpiDmaMode code examples to get started with your application.

You can find the API guide for the FX3 SDK in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware" after FX3 SDK installation in Windows.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes