SCCB support in CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am working on a ECON Denebola CX3 development Kit. I need to interface with an image sensors which uses SCCB for configuration. Will the I2C calls, CyU3PI2cTransmitBytes() and CyU3PI2cReceiveBytes(). I am using these functions, but I am facing the following issues.

1. If I add the I2C address as documented, it does not work.

2. I wrote an I2C scan to communicate with any address. The peripheral responded to a few addresses, but I get an error CAMERA_CY_U3P_ERROR_LOST_ARBITRATION.

Any help or documentation on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanyan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Subramanyan,

Sorry this is not possible. FX3 will wait for the ACK from the slave.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Subramanyan,

Can you please elaborate the term SCCB? Also, can you please share the complete project for us to check?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

SCCB is Serial Camera Control Bus used in Image Sensors. The CX3 is interacting with Image Sensors over SDA and SCL.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanyan

0 Likes

Hello Subramanyan,

Can you please share the project along with the UART debug logs for us to check?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Is there a way to disable the acknowledgement in I2C communication? I don't see any way to set it in the I2C API. I believe SCCB is similar to I2C except that there is no acknowledgement bit sent.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanyan

0 Likes

Hello Subramanyan,

Sorry this is not possible. FX3 will wait for the ACK from the slave.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes