Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB superspeed peripherals Forum Discussions

ankitvats846
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Level 1

I have Firmware for Fx3 running with GPIF 32 bit mode.

Also need to Read/Write on the SPI flash . For that need to Reconfigure the  GPIF  mode to 16 bit.

For Reconfiguring  I   do

1)  Disable the GPIF(CyU3PGpifDisable ( CyFalse )) 

2)  Reconfigure the IOmatrix       

a) io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse   

b) io_cfg.useSpi = CyTrue

By doing this Enable the SPI.

3)  Initialize the SPI interface for flash. 

Is this Possible to configure at run time ? if Yes what is the right way??

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
Moderator 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix can be done. But please make sure that all the initialized blocks should be de-initialized and re-initialized again.

Please refer to similar threads  Solved: Any dependencies by switching/reloading GPIFII? - Infineon Developer Community  

-   Solved: CYUSB3014 FX3 GPIF Reconfiguration - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix can be done. But please make sure that all the initialized blocks should be de-initialized and re-initialized again.

Please refer to similar threads  Solved: Any dependencies by switching/reloading GPIFII? - Infineon Developer Community  

-   Solved: CYUSB3014 FX3 GPIF Reconfiguration - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
ankitvats846
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Level 1

Hi , 

I able to Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix on run time. 

How much  ideal time it will take to Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix ??

My Firmware is taking 5-6 sec to Reconfiguration.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Can you please share the code snippet where the reconfiguration is done?

5-6 seconds seems to be quite long

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes