Run time Configuration of IOMatrix

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ankitvats846
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I have Firmware for Fx3 running with GPIF 32 bit mode.

Also need to Read/Write on the SPI flash . For that need to Reconfigure the  GPIF  mode to 16 bit.

For Reconfiguring  I   do

1)  Disable the GPIF(CyU3PGpifDisable ( CyFalse )) 

2)  Reconfigure the IOmatrix       

a) io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse   

b) io_cfg.useSpi = CyTrue

By doing this Enable the SPI.

3)  Initialize the SPI interface for flash. 

Is this Possible to configure at run time ? if Yes what is the right way??

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix can be done. But please make sure that all the initialized blocks should be de-initialized and re-initialized again.

Please refer to similar threads  Solved: Any dependencies by switching/reloading GPIFII? - Infineon Developer Community  

-   Solved: CYUSB3014 FX3 GPIF Reconfiguration - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix can be done. But please make sure that all the initialized blocks should be de-initialized and re-initialized again.

Please refer to similar threads  Solved: Any dependencies by switching/reloading GPIFII? - Infineon Developer Community  

-   Solved: CYUSB3014 FX3 GPIF Reconfiguration - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi , 

I able to Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix on run time. 

How much  ideal time it will take to Reconfiguration of the IO Matrix ??

My Firmware is taking 5-6 sec to Reconfiguration.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share the code snippet where the reconfiguration is done?

5-6 seconds seems to be quite long

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes