Replacing CYUSB3013 with CYUSB3035

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBr_659386
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

We're looking to replace a design that currently uses a CYUSB3013 with a CYUSB3035. The pinouts of the two devices are the same except 3035 doesn't support 'Charger detect output' which is no problem.

As far as I can tell the 3035 supports all peripherals we're using (including 16-bit GPIF slave interface) so it looks like the 3035 should be a drop-in replacement for the 3013.

Can anyone advise or is there an app note that gives details of the differences ?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

For your requirement, CYUSB3035 can be used as a drop in as all the peripherals are same including the 16 bit GPIF II interface. There is nothing specific that needs to be taken care while moving from CYUSB301x to CYUSB303x provided both the chips support the peripherals that you need. 

Also, CYUSB3014 can be used as a drop-in replacement for CYUSB3013.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please elaborate your requirement so that we can check if CYUSB3035 can be used for your application or not.

You can also refer to the product selector guide in the following link:

https://www.cypress.com/products/universal-serial-bus-usb#tab3

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
DaBr_659386
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Jayakrishn,

I'm not sure what additional information you need. Looking at the selector, the 3035 has the same peripherals that we're using in the 3013 including  a 16-bit GPIF slave interface, so it appears that the 3035 would be a drop-in.

I wanted to know whether there's something I should be aware of when moving from 301x to 303x (assuming the peripherals used are the same). Is there an app note that discusses this ?

As a side issue, would the 3014 be a drop-in for the 3013 ? (I know it's not the case the other way round)

Dave

0 Likes

Hello,

For your requirement, CYUSB3035 can be used as a drop in as all the peripherals are same including the 16 bit GPIF II interface. There is nothing specific that needs to be taken care while moving from CYUSB301x to CYUSB303x provided both the chips support the peripherals that you need. 

Also, CYUSB3014 can be used as a drop-in replacement for CYUSB3013.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Thanks for confirming Jayakrishna

0 Likes