Regarding Interfacing of Cyclone V GX starter Kit with FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am working on interfacing of  Cyclone V GX with FX3 using HSMC. I was referring the application note AN65974 provided by Cypress for my work. Now I am stuck with the Pin mapping on FPGA, as the pin info provided on the HSMC board and HW schematic (CYUSB3ACC-006) is pretty confusing.

For example, the DQ0 is told to configure for HSMC connector pin number J1-88, but when I took at the schematic of Cyclone V GX its mentioned pin 88 of HSMC is connected to VCC12_HSMC, which I cannot assign for. Similarly, for many of the pin info provided on HSMC I have a similar issue. So I decided to map with the pins of Altera Cyclone III Starter Kit (FPGA used in Application note: AN65974 ) by referring the schematic. I have configured the pins on Cyclone V GX and tried to run the STREAM IN example provided by the Cypress. Unfortunately, I could see there are some issues with some pin configuration. As I could see the received counter value is not in sequence, after looking at the received counter values, I could see there are some problems with few pins. Now I don't understand, what is correct pin configuration for Cyclone V GX to communicate with FX3 via HSMC?  As I did get proper info in HSMC HW schematic document (630-60197-01_CYUSB3ACC-006_HSMC_INTERCONNECT_BOARD_SCHEMATIC.pdf).

I am attaching schematics of  Cyclone V GX ,  Altera Cyclone III (3C25 FPGA used in application note AN65974 )  and configured  Pins planner info of Cyclone V GX FPGA. Could someone please help me regarding this? I couldn't able to proceed further because of this issue.

Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

the pin numbers are slightly misunderstood. If you look at the schematics of CYUSB3ACC-006, you will notice that the pins are divided in three blocks: J1A, J1B, J1C. All the block have 60 pins on the CYUSB3ACC board. But on the FPGA dev kit, you can notice that the part corresponding to J1A connection (J1 block 1) has only 40 pins. So the pin on block 2 of FPGA starts from pin 41 (in CYUSB3ACC it starts with 61). So, there is a mismatch. The pin 100 on CYUSB3ACC is getting connected to pin 80 of FPGA board's J1. Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Have you taken care of this and still facing issues? Please let us know.

0 Likes