Reading FX3 Registers During Program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anon
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I have a C++ program that sends data from my Linux host PC to the FX3, and then has the FX3 return that data back to the host. I would like to read some registers and log them in a file on my host PC during all of these data transfers. I've found the CyU3PReadDeviceRegisters() API function, but I don't know if it needs to be in the C++ program I wrote, or the firmware I have downloaded onto the FX3 using the USB bootloader. I am using the cyfxbulklpautoenum image file that comes with the Linux cyfx3sdk.

To summarize, can I get an example program or code snippet describing where to use the CyU3PReadDeviceRegisters() function (either in firmware or C++ program) and how to log that data for each transfer onto my Linux host computer?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The API that you are referring to (CyU3PReadDeviceRegisters) is a part of FX3 firmware library. So, it should be used in FX3 firmware only. You can try to read the registers in firmware and return it to the host as a response to a vendor command.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The API that you are referring to (CyU3PReadDeviceRegisters) is a part of FX3 firmware library. So, it should be used in FX3 firmware only. You can try to read the registers in firmware and return it to the host as a response to a vendor command.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes