RJ45 Ethernet port into USB 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
mdahi_4952026
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hi there, 

I am currently working on a project where RJ45 connector need to be converted into two USB 3 ports. Therefore I have choose CYUSB3610 chip and CYUSB3302 chip to do that. Please advice if this configuration will work or whether I need to use different configuration to achieve that. Please find attached block diagram. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Mo 

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

As you might be knowing, GX3 can act as a device only. It cannot act as a host. This means that GX3 can be connected directly to a downstream port of the host or to a downstream port of the hub.
HX3 has only one upstream port and 4 downstream port. It is possible to connect GX3 to any of the downstream port of HX3 only. It is not possible to connect GX3 to the upstream port of HX3. So, this configuration cannot be achieved.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

As you might be knowing, GX3 can act as a device only. It cannot act as a host. This means that GX3 can be connected directly to a downstream port of the host or to a downstream port of the hub.
HX3 has only one upstream port and 4 downstream port. It is possible to connect GX3 to any of the downstream port of HX3 only. It is not possible to connect GX3 to the upstream port of HX3. So, this configuration cannot be achieved.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
mdahi_4952026
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Thank you Jayakrishna

0 Likes