Questions about Cypress thread functions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sylvia
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted First like received 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I read the annotation of the functions in cyu3os.h file. But I still have some questions about them.

1. I use CyU3PThreadCreate to create new application threads. I am wondering is there any restriction about creating threads? For example, what is the max value about thread of FX3. Are these threads working parallel?
  2. How many Cypress FX3 thread communication methods? For example, message passing, memory shared, etc.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

- We don't have a limit to creating a thread you need to take care of resources like stack and CPU when creating a new thread, and some driver threads created by SDK also so please check 5.2.2 in C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB%20FX3%20SDK/1.3/doc/firmware/GettingStartedWithFX3SDK.pdf

- Please check 5.2.6 on this C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB%20FX3%20SDK/1.3/doc/firmware/FX3_Programmers_Manual.pdf

Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

- We don't have a limit to creating a thread you need to take care of resources like stack and CPU when creating a new thread, and some driver threads created by SDK also so please check 5.2.2 in C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB%20FX3%20SDK/1.3/doc/firmware/GettingStartedWithFX3SDK.pdf

- Please check 5.2.6 on this C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB%20FX3%20SDK/1.3/doc/firmware/FX3_Programmers_Manual.pdf

Regards,
Biren