Product selection guide on USB peripheral

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeffren
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First question asked Welcome!

hello guys,

I am new to famous cypress usb peripheral products. Now, I need to connect a FPGA to industial control board, which runs Windows Linux or Android with USB3.0 interface. 

The requirement is to send FPGA raw data to control board at a speed as high as possible. 

After using product selection guide, it seem that both SX3 and FX3 could meet my design, both of them has GPIF interface. 

I am confused on the main difference between SX3 and FX3 product. It seems tha FX3 has more GPIO, and more general fit to FPGA design. I wonder if there's some function difference between them.

Which is best for my design requirement? 

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Jeff,

FX3 and SX3 are almost the same in terms of hardware functionality. Main difference is the chip configuration.

SX3 is supported with a user friendly GUI called SX3 configuration utility, which makes it easier to configure SX3 for standard intefaces such as Slave FIFO (AN65974) and UVC/UAC (AN75779).

However, FX3 and the FX3 SDK gives more flexibility to the user/developer to configure FX3 and its blocks as per the interface and application requirement.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Jeff,

FX3 and SX3 are almost the same in terms of hardware functionality. Main difference is the chip configuration.

SX3 is supported with a user friendly GUI called SX3 configuration utility, which makes it easier to configure SX3 for standard intefaces such as Slave FIFO (AN65974) and UVC/UAC (AN75779).

However, FX3 and the FX3 SDK gives more flexibility to the user/developer to configure FX3 and its blocks as per the interface and application requirement.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar